August is National Immunization Awareness Month (NIAM), an annual observance sponsored by the National Public Health Information Coalition (NPHIC) to highlight the importance of vaccines for people of all ages. The 2017 communications toolkit is now available. It contains key messages, digital ads, social media messages, web banners, posters, logos, and graphics to use with social media. It also includes a media outreach toolkit and a place to share your NIAM activities and view what others are doing, using the hashtag #NIAM17. For more information on the observance, visit NPHIC’s NIAM website and the CDC NIAM web page.
Each week, we focus on the vaccines for specific groups of people:
- July 31 – August 6: Babies and Young Children
- August 7 – August 13: Pregnant Women
- August 14 – August 20: Adults
- August 21 – August 27: Preteens and Teens
- July & August: Back to School