August is National Immunization Awareness Month (NIAM), an annual observance sponsored by the National Public Health Information Coalition (NPHIC) to highlight the importance of vaccines for people of all ages. The 2018 communications toolkit is now available. It contains key messages, digital ads, social media messages, web banners, posters, logos, and graphics to use with social media. It also includes a media outreach toolkit and a place to share your NIAM activities and view what others are doing, using the hashtag #NIAM18. For more information on the observance, visit NPHIC’s NIAM website and the CDC NIAM web page.
Each week, we focus on the vaccines for specific groups of people:
- July/August: Back to School
- August 5 – August 11: Pregnant Women
- August 12 – August 18: Babies and Young Children
- August 19 – August 25: Preteens and Teens
- August 26 – August 31: Adults