September 14, 2018
- FluMist is available for the 2018 – 2019 flu season!
- For more information, check out www.flumistquardivalent.com
August 17, 2018
- CDC is reporting an additional 4 human infections with influenza A(H1N2) viruses that normally circulate in swine and not people. None were hospitalized, and all are recovering, or have fully recovered.
- Sporadic human infections with swine influenza viruses do occur, most often in the context of exposure to pigs at agricultural fairs. All 4 patients reported exposure to pigs at agriculture fairs in either California, Michigan or Ohio.
- No person-to-person spread of these viruses has been detected and the risk to the public from these infections is considered low, however CDC does have guidance for people attending fairs or other venues where swine will be present.
- Visit cdc.gov/flu/swineflu/variant for more information.