To bring together local, state and community organizations and individuals to promote education about vaccine preventable diseases and new vaccines, with the goal of improving access and vaccination rates throughout the lifespan.
- Established in 2001 as the Delaware Flu Coalition
- Purpose was to unite interests throughout the state and promote Influenza vaccine
- In 2006, the Coalition voted to become the Immunization Coalition of Delaware (ICD), broadening its scope to include all vaccine-preventable diseases
- 2012, the ICD is recognized with the Delaware Public Health Recognition Award
- 2013, the ICD votes to become a program of the Delaware Academy of Medicine/Delaware Public Health Association (Academy/DPHA).
- 2015, the ICD engages its first program manager through a contract with the Delaware Division of Public Health. The Academy/DPHA houses and supports the activities of the ICD
Adam Underwood, BS, Program Manager
Who Are We?
The ICD is a diverse group of passionate, energetic, and committed partners working together to ensure that no one in Delaware suffers from vaccine preventable illnesses. We believe this can be achieved through focusing our efforts on education, advocacy, and access.
- Work in partnership with our members and their organizations
- Advocate for policy issues related to childhood, adolescent, and adult immunizations
- Reduce disparities in adult access to immunizations
- Shape the healthcare process and outcomes for Delaware residents in relation to vaccine preventable disease
What organizations join and support the ICD?
- Hospitals, Community Health Centers
- Delaware Division of Public Health
- Delaware Academy of Medicine
- Professional Associations
- Medical Society of Delaware
- Pharmaceutical companies
- School nurses, physicians and other interested individuals
Subcommittees of the ICD:
- School Health Committee addresses immunization issues surrounding school age and pre-school children
- Health Care Worker Committee is focused on standardizing recommendations for healthcare worker immunizations across the state, such as Tdap and universal influenza vaccination
- Pertussis Committee is dedicated to educating Delaware residents about Pertussis and the importance of adult immunization in protecting infants
The ImmunizeDelaware.org web site provides immunization information for your general knowledge and is in no way intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding immunizations.